Friday, June 18, 2010

Restless Nights

Sorry I missed yesterday. Dad had a restless night Wednesday. One of his epidural meds was making him "jumpy" and he has been plagued with nausea. A headache added to the mix and all in all it was a pretty miserable night. His headache was helped with a caffeine drip and later in the day, he was able to go for a couple of walks.

Dad had some choice advice for the Celtics as he watched the game, and for the officials. He said neither team was playing very well and compared it to a high school basketball game. Dad doesn't like listening to the commentary on TV so the sound was muted. Mom asked Dad a question about the game and he said, "I don't know Betty, I'm watching it with my eyes closed." I didn't quite get it, but mom seemed to understand how he was getting something out of the game though he seemed both blind and mute to it. I guess that comes with over 63 years of marriage.

Jake stayed with Gramps last night. Dad did not rest well...again, but his bowels are showing some signs of waking up ! The nausea is somewhat lessened and the headache is mild. His blood pressure is down, so hopefully things will start to even out enough that he can get some much needed rest.

The Stoma Team is coming today to teach us how to take care of the ostemy. Tim will be here this afternoon and Dad is looking forward to his visit.

Mom is holding up okay. She was a bit frustrated yesterday and so took a walk around the floor. She was sitting in the waiting area and met a woman her age whose husband is going through the same thing as Dad. They had a nice visit and it was good for Mom.

Mom is here beside me and she says, " I am grateful for all the help everyone is giving me and for all of your prayers. I couldn't do it without you all. It is wonderful to have such a loving family and to know that families are forever!"

Love to you all! - Dayna

3 comments:

  1. I love you Gramps. Hope things get better every day! - Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get feeling better and get some good sleep soon! We Love you! As for the game, I wish I would have watched it muted and with my eyes closed! I'll have to remember! It was an intense game!

    Love you,
    Kirby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you gramps - Ethan

    ReplyDelete