Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Daughter's Love - For the Love of Lou


Today I want to write a post to honor my mother, Dayna Christine Green Tanner. I happen to have log in access so I can post pictures as my mom sends them to me throughout the days and long nights she has been staying at Huntsman's serving her father, Lou. I hope after this post she won't cut me off!

As I was reading through the posts she has made over the last couple of weeks I noticed that she makes mention of how thankful she is that others, her wonderful family members, Dennis, Debbie, Tim, Mark, my Dad etc. have made sacrifices to be here to help out and serve Gramps and Grana in this time of need. However, she has made no mention of all she has done to serve her father simply "For the Love of Lou."

I called her yesterday after I got the message that Gramps would need to stay a bit longer than expected, due to some complications that made for a very long and stressful night Thursday and into the early hours of Friday morning. Very exhausted and through teary eyes she she told me how thankful she was that Mark made it to Huntsmans when he did Friday morning. She said when he got there she just started crying, she says it is because she was so tired, but I know that it is only partly the truth. Caring for and being worried about Gramps and trying to comfort Grana had exhausted her, and she was thankful for the comforted relief that Mark brought. Now she could go to the hotel that she had checked Grana into at 3 am Friday morning and try to get a few hours of sleep. The peace of mind that Mark was there caring for Gramps and able to spend time helping Grana gain some peace of mind for herself too would allow my mom to get some much needed rest. This is only one night of the many she has spent sleeping at Huntsmans by Gramp's bed side.

My mother, Dayna is a beacon of strength, wonderful example of service and unconditional love. When she said she was sad that she couldn't make it to Kipa's birthday party this morning because she needs to be at the hospital with Gramps I started crying, not because I didn't understand but because she was still thinking of others and very little of herself. I am so thankful to have such an example in my life as my mother, Dayna Christine Green Tanner. I only hope that I honor her name by someday gaining the strength, faith, love and service she unwaveringly shows those around her, especially those she loves. This can be seen in this blog, at Huntsman, in the text messages she sends to update everyone, in every touch, kind word, happy face etc. that she brings to the world, and especially right now "For the Love of Lou."

I love you Gramps! We are all praying for your comfort, safety and healthy recovery and I also pray for your wonderful Daughter each day so that the Lord God can continue bless her so she can have the strength to continue to bless my life.

I LOVE YOU MOM!!! More than words can say...

Muah (big kisses),

Dayna Kathleen Tanner Kauo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Dayna for posting this post. Your mom is the best and such an example of love to us all. I am so thankful for her too!!! :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete